At the end of last year I decided that I wanted to support small producers and artisans by buying handmade wherever I could. Specifically, I promised myself that I wouldn’t buy clothes, furniture or homeware from the High Street. Now, I’m not still quite sure where to draw the line of what’s handmade and what’s not (there are some amazing artisan producers who employee a few people to help them out), but the only High Street store I’ve ventured into this month was a bookshop! Win.
Here are my handmade acquisitions for this month:
– Beer and honey soap from Be Natural (it smells amazing and not at all like your drunk uncle)
– Two hand woven towels from this lovely little collective in my home town
– A mysterious love heart necklace from this great shop
– Two skirts handmade by me
– Two cards for soon-to-be newly weds designed by this mysterious source
– And a new notepad for work by EmmaMakes