This is looking like my last quiet weekend in quite a while, with a birthday, visit from Mum, trip home, and adventure to Melbourne and Hobart all on the cards pretty soon. Thanks to moving house and all of the aforementioned upcoming adventures, I’m also B-R-O-K-E, so I’m looking forward to a pretty relaxed weekend of living within my means. I don’t know why, but there’s something that feels really good and empowering about that …
That said, I still have quite a few things to look forward to:
- Baking bread with the sourdough starter I made last weekend
- Re-reading Pride and Prejudice – I just had the urge, trying not to read too much into it!
- Having Becca over for lunch and then going to see the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. We both loved the original, and the cast is so great that I’m sure the second won’t disappoint
- Trying to make some sort of cover for the ugliest light in the world … It will probably be something simple like this, although how cool would these be???
- The New Zealand Fringe Festival kicked off last weekend, and there are a bunch of shows I want to see. Alex and I went to Real Fake White Dirt last night (it’s really great), and I’m heading to this and this over the weekend.