One of the things that stopped me blogging for a long time, was that I really admired the movement promoting long form writing online but didn’t feel that I had the time or temperament to contribute to it. The truth is, I enjoy writing short, top-of-mind posts, or just sharing a pile of images.
As much as I don’t want to (/ can’t!) write them, I’ve read some really great pieces online recently. Here are a few I think you should read!
- How to rebuild a political party – from the ground up. British Labour needs to rebuild after their recent defeat. But what does that look like on the ground?
- I’m not ready. Feminism in Hilary Clinton’s campaign for the Whitehouse.
- Flight pattern. Tracking hummingbird’s in Belize.
- Who gets to go to the pool? Segregation at the swimming pool. (Or, if you’re a swimmer, check out this list of swimming stories on Long Reads.)
- Jurassic art. The evolving way we see envisage dinosaurs.
- Stanley Donwood, Radiohead and the power of musical artwork. Why album art still matters in the digital age.